Friday, July 27, 2018

"SECURE" Part 6 - My Last P2

The last half of that shift while I was on patrol, I got two different P2 calls on my radio. One turned out to be a guy bumping the emergency button on his wrist by accident. The other medical call I went to was more serious, though. I got an urgent call from the concierge desk and went to where I was told. Immediately as I turned the corner to the apartment, I was a bit startled. One elderly lady was standing over the other who'd fallen and was laying with her head on a pillow. Her walker was nearby. Apparently the she'd been found like this about ten minutes ago, and the lady who came out gave her a pillow.
Over the radio my boss told me the police and EMS were on their way. I couldn't do anything to or for the lady who fell since I was a guard. All I could do, I told them, was watch over them and try to keep things from getting worse.
A cop with a good demeanor came and helped her into a sitting position. She told me she left her keys in her apartment too (we responded to calls like that a lot too), so I took care of that with the thick ring of keys hung at my waist. This was Addison building, first letter of the alphabet, so key 1 would open the doors in this resident building. Key 2 would open any in Brighton, and so forth.

When I got back to the scene, the paramedics had come with a gurney and one of them asked if I'd found the woman's vial of life. So I went back to the apartment to the fridge, grabbed the orange bottle that looked like a vitamin bottle and took the piece of paper out. I took a picture of it on my phone so I could use the information on it for my report.
I didn't leave until the lady was in her apartment and able to get off her walker into a living room chair. The EMS was gone now since there were no injuries, but still I waited. The last thing any of us needed was for the same thing to happen again right when all our backs were turned.

After finishing my two Clubhouse tours, checking them out and all, I had just enough time to fill out my reports. After that I handed in my Shannondell access card. Since I was still with Allied Universal, that card was all I had to turn in.

March twenty-seventh. I'd lasted about 2 1/2 weeks eight hours a day five days a week. But for now, I was off. For now, it was time to hang up the uniform.
I shook hands with my boss on a positive note and left the Shannondell gatehouse, never to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment