Friday, July 27, 2018

"SECURE" Part 5 - This is the last time...

"...gate duty, it's killin' him."
My boss was talking to this other Allied office guy when we were in the gatehouse, suggesting I should be transferred to a spot I'd do a good job at and closer to home. "This site isn't for you," I was told. Though I hated to admit it (since I got the hang of a lot of it) he was right. Multitasking in the gatehouse alone was too much. I mean, can you blame me? Radio "chats", both landlines, two of the four monitors, cars waiting in line outside... they were all unpredictable. Having to answer calls while there was a car I had to check in was annoying. At least, like I said, most of the people were nice.

Long story short, the two guys decided to find a new workspace for me somewhere like Pottstown. According to them it'd be less complicated and would mostly involve foot and vehicle patrol. At the mill I was only really at peace when I did my tours.
The only problem was that we had to wait for someone else to come and replace me first. 'That could take weeks.'

It felt like forever, but one day my boss went outside the gatehouse and came back telling me "This is your last day here." My last day at Shannondell Retirement, with the office looking to transfer me. So I just had to be patient again. But hey, I figured it was better than being stressed at the gate.


No comments:

Post a Comment